York Suburban All Sports Booster Club Scholarships
Each year, the York Suburban All-Sport Booster Club provides the opportunity for our senior student athletes and managers to win $1,000.00 scholarships.
- Must be a York Suburban Senior, 12 grade academic level
- Participant or manager on a York Suburban School District Sports team during the current school year
- Applicant was academically eligible to participate for the entire season
- Applicant was not suspended during the entire school year
- Applicant did not withdraw or was removed from a sports team during the school year
- Applicants may apply once for each season in which they played or managed a sport; however the applicant can only be awarded one scholarship.
- Student athlete/manager must answer a essay question with a 500 word response about their sports experience at York Suburban (see link below)
- Student must request their Coach’s recommendation (see link below), Coach’s recommendation is received and paired with athlete’s submission
- Both submissions can be completed online and should use student ID numbers to to retain anonymity
- You may submit an application for each season in which you play a sport, however you can win only one scholarship
- Scholarship awards are presented at the end-of-year senior award presentation
- Essays and recommendations will be reviewed by a group of three independent evaluators chosen by the YS Booster Club.
- Each entry is scored based on:
- Essay content relating to the benefits of sports experienced during school
- Essay content related to the affects of the sport on your future, employment and lifestyles
- Essay structure, readability, flow
- Applicants whose scores are tied will be grouped and a lottery will be held to determine scholarship recipients.
Fall Sports – Wed, Nov. 1
Winter Sports – Thur, Feb. 1
Spring Sports – Mon, Apr. 22
Please contact the scholarship team at firstname.lastname@example.org