York Suburban All Sports Booster Club Scholarships
Each year, the York Suburban All-Sport Booster Club provides the opportunity for our senior student athletes and managers to win $500.00 scholarships.
• Must be a Senior, 12 grade academic level
• Participant or manager on a York Suburban School District Sports team during the 2019-2020 season
• Applicant was academically eligible to participate for the entire season
• Applicant was not suspended during the entire 2019-2020 school year
• Applicant did not withdraw or was removed from a sports team during the 2019-2020 school year
• Managers must have been a manager on a York Suburban School District sports team during the 2019-2020 school year
• Student athlete/manager must answer a 500 word essay question about their sports experience at York Suburban (see link below)
• Coach submits a recommendation for the student (see link below)
• Both submissions can be completed online and should use student numbers to to retain aninimity
• You may submit an application for each season that you play a sport in, however you can win only once
• Awards will be presented at the end of year senior award presentation
• Essays and recommendations will be reviewed by a group of three evaluators chosen by the YS Booster Club. Each evaluator has no connection to the current senior class.
• Each entry is scored base on:
• Essay content relating to the benefits of sports experienced during school
• Essay content related to the affects of the sport on your future, employment and life styles
• Essay structure, readability, flow
• Applicants whose scores are tied will be grouped and a lottery will be held to determine scholarship recipients.
Fall Sports – 10/25/2019
Winter Sports – 1/31/2020
Spring Sports – 3/27/2020
Please contact the scholarship team at email@example.com